Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Fettuccine Alfredo

I made this blog a loooong time ago. I keep forgetting to post here! So, here's the first one, my first ever attempt at Fettuccine Alfredo, yesterday's dinner.

When I cook, I base what I'm doing off of a recipe, or more than one recipe, and change it up to whatever I would like. So, I don't really ever use measurements...these are all guesses. I just taste it and decide if it needs more of something.





Alfredo Sauce

4-5 tablespoons butter
2 cups heavy cream
1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the heavy cream and increase heat to medium high, stirring constantly. Heat until the cream is bubbling slightly. Stir in garlic powder. Add cheese a little at a time, letting it melt before you add more, and stirring constantly. Add salt and pepper, if you want. Heat and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is warmed through. Serve over your favorite pasta. (I love cheese, so I sprinkled some shredded cheese over the top...an Italian Five cheese blend.)



Cheesy Garlic Toast

Preheat the oven to broil.
Slice some french bread (or even just sandwich bread), as many as you want.
Arrange on cookie sheet.
Butter each slice. (I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spread)
Sprinkle with Garlic Salt.
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if you want.
Broil in oven until toasty brown, and the butter and cheese is melted.



The verdict? Here's what Joshua said: "It boggles my mind how...*searching for the right word*...GOOD this is."




PS. Keep an eye on the bread in the oven.
PPS. Our smoke detector works just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment